In the Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn, NYC is a Seventh Day Adventist elementary school dedicated to helping each individual student reach his or her potential as human beings. That school is Flatbush SDA School.
The school centers its education on the teachings of the Bible and the writings of Ellen G. White. The school serves kindergarten through eighth grade.
Flatbush Seventh Day Adventist School is located at 5810 Snyder Ave. and is accessible by public transportation from Church Avenue, Kings Highway, Ralph Avenue, and Remsen Avenue. Its stated objectives are:
- To accept each individual as a student
- To instill a love for God
- To encourage academic excellence
- To identify and develop leadership skills
- To promote sound principles for living a healthy life.
- To develop social skills
- To lead students to an appreciation of American heritage and patriotism
Students must be five years of age by December 31 to be admitted into kindergarten.
Seventh Day Adventists in Brooklyn looking for a solid education for their children should consider the Flatbush Seventh Day Adventist School.