Poly Dodge Early Learning Center is a Manhattan daycare program and nursery school that cares for children ages 2 years and 6 years of age. Located on the Upper West Side, Poly Dodge has been operating since 1971 and serves up to 95 children in its four locations throughout the city. All teachers are certified and each site is licensed. The learning center is affiliated with the YWCA.
Poly Dodge Early Learning Center employs The Creative Curriculum, a tested and proven curriculum for young learners. It focuses on cognitive, social, emotional, physical and creative development in children. Children learn primarily through hands on activities as well as play that improves both gross and fine motor skills.
- Cognitive: To help children learn life skills, problem solving and to help them grow intellectually.
- Creative: To help children develop and express their creativity.
- Emotional: To help children learn to handle their emotions and to instill self-confidence.
- Physical: To help the children develop gross and fine motor skills through age appropriate activities.
- Social: To help children make friends and develop self-confidence and self-esteem.
Focused on providing safe and affordable daycare for women, Poly Dodge Early Learning Center enables women to work or attend school while their children are in a safe and nurturing environment. Poly Dodge serves three meals daily to the children and their daycare rates are flexible.
The Poly Dodge Early Learning Center is one of the 4 New York YWCA early learning centers and can be contacted at 538 West 55th Street, New York, NY 10019. The phone number is 212-757-2047.
For more information, please see the website of Poly Dodge.