The Solomon Schechter School Of Queens is a Jewish day school sponsored by the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism and affiliated with the Solomon Schechter Day School Association.
The NYC private school is a Jewish religious education school for children in grades pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
Education at Solomon Schechter School Of Queens is based on the following Judaic principles:
- Judaism is constantly changing
- Halacha must be reinterpreted for each generation as ethical, social, and economic needs change
- Israel is the holy land and the center of world Jewry
- The purpose of Judaism is to make the world a better place
- The Torah has divine authority because it was inspired by God
More Judaic principles can be found on The Solomon Schechter School Of Queens’ website.
The Solomon Schechter School Of Queens was established in 1956. Since then, administrators have committed themselves to promoting conservative Judaism and they have led a nationwide trend of 72 new conservative Jewish day schools in the U.S. and Canada.
Education at Solomon Schechter School Of Queens is grounded in strong academics with plenty of extracurricular activities for the students as well. Conservative Judaism teaches that the sexes are equal and that is what is taught at Solomon Schechter School Of Queens.
For more information on the school and its philosophy, visit the school’s website.